News BulletsBy Michelle
May 7, 2004 - 12:53 AM
- The Herald Tribune has an interview with Leonard Nimoy (Spock) about his book Shekhina.
- Playboy has a rather racy adults-only interview with William Shatner (Kirk) in which he joked that never having been asked to star in an X-rated movie has been a blow to his ego.
- StarTrek.com has a report on Shatner's charity horse show.
- This week the tabloid Star has has a two-page feature on Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) and her California home. The issue is dated May 10th and the item appears on pages 58-59. Thanks to Joy.
- The web site of Robert Duncan McNeill reports that the Tom Paris actor has two new directing assignments, The O.C. and Las Vegas, and that he is developing a show for the Sci-Fi Channel with former co-star Bob Picardo (The Doctor) and Brent Spiner (Data).
- Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) will perform Tea at Five in Seattle, according to the Seattle Times.
- Sci Fi Wire quotes Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) as saying that he is in talks to appear in X-Men 3 as Professor Charles Xavier.
- The Unofficial Nancy Hower Homepage reports that Hower (Samantha Wildman) won the Best Comedy Award at the Taos Visionquest Film Festival for her film Memron.
- James Horan ("Future Guy") provides the voice for the new computer game La Pucelle: Tactics, reports Gamers.com.
- TrekZone.de has a report on dropping convention attendance around the world.
- Future Star Trek: Voyager DVD boxed sets may be viewed at DVD Answers. Thanks to Craig.
- The Digital Bits has posted the cover art for future Voyager sets as well.
- The Digital Bits also has an editorial in favour of saving Enterprise: "We encourage you to pitch in with letters and phone calls to UPN."
- More guesses about the fate of Enterprise: TV Tome says the show is doing poorly in its current slot and predicts a move, while The Cincinatti Post calls it "on the bubble".
- TrekWeb has a review of Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore's book Star Trek S.C.E.: Foundations.
- Star Trek Hypertext has posted reviews of Enterprise's "Damage" and "The Forgotten".
- TrekPulse has uploaded 136 screen captures from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
- Star Trek: The Experience is having a sale on official merchandise and props.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.