News BulletsBy Michelle
March 6, 2005 - 1:46 PM
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will narrate during four classical music pieces including those by Beethoven and Stravinsky Saturday and Sunday at the William Saroyan Theater, 700 M Street, Fresno, California. Tickets can be obtained for $23-$32-$49 at 559-261-0600. Thanks to Andy Gee.
- Totally Kate! has posted photos of Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) in Ryan's Hope and The Philadelphia Story as well as photos of Mulgrew at the 57th Annual Writers Guild Awards and an Alzheimer's Association Benefit in Baltimore.
- William Shatner (Kirk) writes about his experiences on Boston Legal on his web site.
- Sid City has reports on Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s new play Whose Life Is It Anyway?.
- Patrick Stewart (Picard) will headline Creation's Las Vegas convention August 11th-14th.
- Stewart is also providing the narration for a new comedy programme, "High Spirits with Shirley Ghostman", on BBC3 as of last night. The show is a send-up of supposed psychics and mediums. Thanks to PeeWee's USS Lollipop.
- And London's The Guardian reports on The Game of Their Lives, starring Stewart.
- EW explains that the Star Trek theme music was played at the Oscars in tribute to late composer Jerry Goldsmith.
- Enterprise pre-production coordinator Juan Carlos Fernandez will be one of thousands taking part in a 585-mile, week-long AIDS/Lifecycle charity event from June 5th-11th, notes StarTrek.com.
- Tomorrow on TheFandom.com, Liz Shatner will interview Rob Burnett.
- ComingSoon.net notes that The 4400, produced by former Deep Space Nine staffers Ira Steven Behr & Rene Echevarria, has been renewed. Thanks to TrekWeb.
- SFX Magazine reports that Gene Roddenberry is third on a list of the most important science fiction producers; article at Sci Fi Pulse.
- There's a copy of TV Guide's behind-the-scenes blurb from this week on Enterprise's upcoming episode "Bound" at TrekWeb.
- TrekPulse has posted screen caps from The Next Generation season six. The site will also give away a set of Voyager sixth season DVDs in Region 2 format to someone in the UK and Ireland; details are here.
- Monsters and Critics has a review of the official Trekkies 2 soundtrack as well as a poll on their main page to pick the movie franchise with the best soundtracks.
- A hospital in Greenwich, Connecticut is introducing "comm badges" for its staff members, according to Greenwich Time.
- See the results of Sev Trek's deflector dish captions!
- A reporter for the Toronto Star offers an opinion that viewers trying to save Enterprise is not necessarily for the best.
- Zap2It has an article on the $3 million donation to TrekUnited to save Enterprise, including a veiled comment that UPN is likely to decline the donation because TV is an advertiser-driven medium. Thanks to Alex.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.