News BulletsBy Amy
March 7, 2001 - 8:30 PM
- The gang over at IGN Sci-Fi, in the form of Sarah Kuhn, have posted a TV Report Card, looking at the progress of shows so far this season. Voyager is given a C+, with episode 'Body and Soul' described as the high-point. Gene Roddenberry's 'Andromeda' also gets a look in.
- Rene Auberjonois (Odo), will be acting in two one-acts plays (George Bernard Shaw's "Overruled" and Edward Albee's "The Zoo Story,") to raise money for the David Dukes Memorial Scholarship. The event will take place from 6:45 P.M tomorrow evening at the University of Southern California's Bing Theatre with tickets starting at $100. For more information, read the original report at the official site.
- Psi Phi's UPN schedule has been updated with the news that 'Critical Care' will be repeated on March 21.
- AntonyF of Fandom.com's Star Trek central has managed to get hold of a screenshot of Michael Dorn's (Worf) role in the upcoming Emperor: Battle for Dune.
- The Associated Press has a review (via Star Trek Central) of Avery Brook's (Sisko) latest project, crime thriller '15 Minutes', which is described as "eight 15-minute chunks of time you could have better passed organizing your sock drawer." Notes on Brook's performance are not particularly complimentary either.
- There will be a chat at Fandom.com's Star Trek Central at 6:30am EST tomorrow for the launch of the space shuttle Discovery.
- TrekWeb has posted some excerpts from a Cinescape interview with Majel Barrett Roddenberry, where she talks about her hopes to revisit 'Genesis II' and 'Planet Earth', and a bit about the original character of Dylan Hunt, now on 'Andromeda'.
- BBC news yesterday published an article looking at the recent attempt in New Zealand to have 'Jedi' official recognised as a religion by putting it on their census forms. it also looks at the extremes of Star Wars and Star Trek Fandom. Thanks go out to Elaine Butler for this!
- Cinescape has posted an interview with Pocket Books editor John Ordover looking at sales and some more of what's to come this year.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.