News BulletsBy Michelle
February 7, 2005 - 11:27 PM
- Save Enterprise! has announced that $9,156 has been collected thus far for advertising in national newspapers. There are six days left in the fund drive.
- Posts at The Trek BBS note that Chase Masterson (Leeta) will be interviewing John Billingsley and Save Enterprise! founder Tim Brazeal tonight at TheFandom.com.
- William Shatner (Kirk) will appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show this Friday, February 11th. Thanks to Jason.
- The BBC reports that Patrick Stewart (Picard) will host a radio documentary on another major science fiction franchise: Dr. Who.
- Stewart admits that before performing in a play with him, he never heard of his co-star, Dawson's Creek's Joshua Jackson. ContactMusic.com has the details on this and on Stewart's reported objection to London theatre audiences letting out wolf whistles when he strips down to his underwear in the play.
- Sid City has announced that Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s Syriana will open in the US on September 16th.
- TrekPulse has posted screen caps from DS9's "Nor the Battle to the Strong" and TNG's "The First Duty", "Cost of Living", "The Perfect Mate", "Imaginary Friend" and "I, Borg", plus a special tribute to "Time's Arrow".
- The Mego Museum has declared February "Star Trek Month" with revised galleries to show rare Star Trek promotional materials and prototypes.
- The Economist has a report on a communication device inspired by Star Trek's wireless communicators.
- TailSlate has posted its review of "Babel One."
- The UFP Fan Club of Adelaide, South Australia has put together an exhibition of Star Trek memorabilia for the South Australian Museum as part of National Science Week, and has photos posted on its web site. The group will soon be hosting its first convention as well.
- Amok Times has posted Decipher press releases for three 2005 expansions for the Star Trek CCG after two sold-out releases in 2004 and for the CCG expansion To Boldly Go, which arrives in August and introduces personnel and ships from Enterprise, to be released in boosters only.
- StarTrek.com has a note on Enterprise executive producer Manny Coto's nuptials late last year. Congratulations!
- The official site also has an obituary for long-time fan and former StarTrek.com employee Ben Frier. Our condolences to his family and friends.
- And Sev Trek has posted a new cartoon.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.