News BulletsBy Amy
February 7, 2001 - 5:24 PM
- Cinescape is reporting that 'X-Men 2', which will of course be starring Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) again as Professor Xavier, will start shooting before the end of the year. The producers are hoping to have the script done before the possible writers' strikes, after which preparation for filming will begin.
- This is certainly the season for awards - in typical Star Trek sytle, Votager has again managed to snag nominations in technocal categories - 'Best Period Makeup - Television' (Micheal Westmore, Ellis Burman, Suzanne Diaz-Westmore, Tina Hoffman, James Rohland, Scott Wheeler and Natalie Wood for 'Fair Haven') and 'Best Innovative Hair Styling - Television' (Josee Normand, Charlotte Parker, Gloria Montemeyer and Viviane Normand for 'Tsunkatse'), both in the 'Single Episode of a Regular Series - Sitcom, Drama or Daytime' sub-category of this year's Hollywood Makeup and Hair Stylist Guild Awards. For more information, please follow the link to the original report.
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) and John de Lancie (Q) will be particpating in a Barnes&Noble.com live chat tomorrow at 7pm EST to discuss their latest audio book, 'Spock vs. Q: The Sequel.' For more information, or to particpate, please follow this link to Barnes&Noble.com .
- Theofficial site has announced it's latest Voyager Q&A session, this time with Robert Duncan McNeill, who plays helmsman Tom Paris. Click here to send in your questions!
- John Cook of Sev Trek has announced that he's looking for sound effects people to lend their talents for the latest Sev Trek movie. To find out how to audition, please follow this link.
- According to Digital Bits, Paramount has tentatively announced that Star Trek: The Original Series DVD, Volumes 21 & 22 will be released on the 24th of April this year. Thanks go out to Colvin for the tip!
- StarTrekUK.Com has some bad news for UK Star Trek fans - but, as they themselves said, it's not really all that unexpected. Paramount Home Entertainment (UK) have delayed the 2nd April 2001 releases of 'Star Trek: Voyager Volume 7.2' and 'Star Trek: The Next Generation - Volume 4.2' until the 9th April 2001.
- Doug Wilson sends word that the Deep Space Nine: Horizons campaign has passed the 4,500 signature mark on their petition.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.