News BulletsBy Caillan
January 7, 2003 - 11:57 PM
- The final figures for Nemesis's UK release show the film took £1,957,845 in its opening weekend. This equates to $3,141,428 in the US, fractionally lower than orginally estimated (story). The movie achieved average takings of £4,595 per theatre.
- Australia's Channel Ten will be airing a segment about 'Nemesis' as part of its Premiere movie show on Sunday, January 12 at 18:00. Thanks to Daniel Clarke for this!
- Over at Psi Phi, Tim Lynch has posted his review of 'The Catwalk.' Here's an excerpt from his review:
All in all, "The Catwalk" succeeded a lot more than it failed. It wasn't so fantastic as to knock me out of my chair or make me marvel at how exceptional it was, but it took a simple story and made it work properly given the time period in which it's set. We could do a lot worse than to hit this level routinely.
The episode was awarded a score of 7.5 out of 10 in the complete analysis.
- C.A. Voigts has posted her reviews of 'Marauders' and 'The Seventh' at the Starfleet Library, awarding them both a score of 4 out of 5 stars.
- Reports from the recent Creation Convention in London can be found here and here at Totally Kate, with photos of Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) available at this page.
- The series premiere of UPN's midseason comedy Abby (story) came sixth in its timeslot with an overnight rating of 2.7/4, according to Mediaweek.
- Popular Mechanics reports on a Trek-like medical scanning device at this page. Thanks to 'Enterpriser' for this!