News BulletsBy Amy
December 6, 2000 - 4:53 AM
- Wired is reporting that HSV Technologies, a San Diego developer of weapons for police officers and military personnel, just introduced a prototype of a weapon sounding quite a lot like the phaser, even if Wired describes it as a 'Star Wars' light sabre. The gun is supposedly able to paralyse the skeletal muscles of people and animals up to 2 kilometers away, using two ultraviolet laser beams.
- Mania Magazine has posted an article by Michelle Erica Green on 'What to get your Trekker for the Holidays', looking at trek merchandise from t-shirts to Christmas ornaments.
- George Takei (Sulu) has posted new column on his official web site discussing his recent activities.
- The Official Tome Russ site has announced that there will be a 'blow-out' auction online for charity come December 7. previous items auctioned from the site include an original final draft script for Voyager episode, 'The Disease' signed by Russ and a black sports-jacket straight from the actor's closet.
- The latest edition of the Optical Data Network is out, containing the usual comprehensive round-up of news, rumors and general information. it can be found online here.
- The latest episode of 'Star Trek: Hidden Frontier', a fan-made video series, has just been released. It and the previous episodes can be downloaded from here in Quicktime format. Thanks go out to Rob Caves for this!
- According to TV Guide, James Cromwell (Zefram Cochrane) will appear in four episodes of 'ER' next year, playing a revered bishop who is admitted after taking a nasty fall and takes a special interest in his physician, Dr. Kovac.
- The DVD File has posted a review of 'Six Days In Roswell', a documentary in the style of and by the maker of 'Trekkies'.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.