Site ColumnsBy Lisa
September 6, 2001 - 8:19 PM
Something distressing happened to me this afternoon. Whenever I tried to connect to the net, my modem didn't make its usual round of clicks and whistles. Instead, a woman with one of those impossible English accents that only the villains in American films actually talk with, said "Sorry, the number you have dialled has not been recognised. Please check, and try again."
Such things re very distressing for internet addicts with Star Trek News to report. However, all appears to be working now, for my modem connected on its second try tonight. Hmm.
This lack of connectivity did give me time to catch up on my reading though. It's at times like these I wish I had a pocket PC or one of those eBook thingies.
A recent update at the Stargate SG1 Novel Archive a couple of days ago meant I had a nice story to read, all zipped up and downloaded to my hard drive. I also finished off City of Light which is a fantastic X Files novel that was recently finished. That whole series of stories simply rocks.
Of course, now my ISP is actually working again, I need to hurry up and finish these columns, so I won't tarry here any longer.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-What's your favourote series opening scene?
-What Trek Merchandise would you commission?
-Where do you think the shuttlebay is on the new Enterprise?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Monday September 6, 1999:
- CBS and Viacom Merge
In the then largest media company merger ever, UPN parent company Viacom merged with CBS. You can still read the official press release on the merger here.
- New Sev Trek Cartoon
Take a look at a cartoon from the Sev Trek archives, as Captain Gainweight asks why the holographic doctor doesn't program himself some hair. You can find the cartoon here.
More headlines from that day can be found in our September 1999 archive.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series episode 'Friday's Child' at 5:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Day Of The Dove' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Dark Page' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Ship' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'The Voyager Conspiracy' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Hero Worship' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Gedächtnisverlust' ('Future Imperfect') at 16:00 CET.
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing Voyager's 'Equinox, Part I' at 12:00am. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Deadly Years' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'For the World is Hollow...Sky' at 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by TNG's 'Attatched' at 3:00 p.m. DS9's 'Looking for Par'mach...Places' at 4:00 p.m will be followed by Voyager's 'Pathfinder' at 5:00 p.m, with a repeat at 11:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Violations' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Next Generation's 'Die letzte Mission" at 16:00 ECT.