News BulletsBy Michelle
August 6, 2003 - 12:53 AM
- Captain Kirk's costume from the episode "Mirror, Mirror" will go on the auction block on August 11 by MastroNet. An auction catalog may be obtained by calling 630-472-1200 or visiting the web site.
- Former Deep Space Nine and Voyager writer Brian Fuller discussed his upcoming show Wonderfalls and his experiences breaking into the business with Backstage.com:
He did a lot of temp work, a lot of soul searching, and one night while watching an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, the self-described sci-fi geek had a revelation. "I thought, 'Oh wow, I could write this,' " Fuller recalls. "It was the light bulb going off over my head about how these shows are made, and I knew I could do it." He was right. A spec script he submitted earned him a call back from "DS9" producers.
- New photos of Kate Mulgrew at the Creation Convention in Las Vegas last Saturday, August 2, are available at Totally Kate!.
- On September 3, Argentine video producer AVH will release simultaneously the Region 4 VHS and DVD of Star Trek: Nemesis, subtitled in Spanish on VHS. AVH will also bring out the complete collection of original series films formatted for Region 4, including the two-disc Star Trek: The Motion Picture Director's Edition .
- Psi Phi has posted the back cover description for Michael Jan Friedman's Pantheon as well as information about upcoming Signature Edition interviews.
- TrekWeb has posted a review of S.P. Somtow's Do Comets Dream, awarding the novel two stars out of five and stating that the story "falls flat in its execution after a good set-up."