Site ColumnsBy Caillan
August 6, 2002 - 10:34 AM
The West Wing season one DVD box set has finally been released - it was waiting for me on the doorstep when I arrived home today. It's in two parts, and the packaging looks rather spiffy, with the President's seal on the front.
There are a few extra features - interviews with the season one cast and executive producers Aaron Sorkin & Thomas Schlamme, a 'Making of' featurette and three TV spots. Most importantly, though, the set contains some of the show's best episodes, including 'In Excelsis Deo,' which is one of my personal favourites.
I promise that now the set has finally arrived, I will try not to talk about The West Wing for at least a week.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Who has more emotion - Spock or Data?
- What did you think of the 'Wrath of Khan' DVD?
- Should the TNG crew have had new uniforms for 'Nemesis'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
TrekToday was sucked into a wormhole on August 6, 2000, so here's some news from August 5:
- Kate Mulgrew Interviewed
Voyager actress Kate Mulgrew said she had mixed feelings about the show coming to an end after seven seasons. "I'm so genuinely fond of all these people," she said. "You don't share this kind of secret world, the walking in at 5 a.m. and leaving at 1 a.m., without understanding a kind of intimacy that's rare in this business. For all my talk of getting on this year, it will be hard not to crack at the end when we say good-bye."
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'The Neutral Zone' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home' at 9:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Journey to Babel' at 6:00 p.m Eastnern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Gamesters of Triskelion' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time with TNG's 'The Royale' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Seige of AR-552' and Voyager's 'Renaissance Man' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 wil show the Original Series episode 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' at 14:00 GMT. Sky One will show TNG's 'Datalore' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm Eastern Time (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Fusion.' Here's how the official site describes the episode:
"The Enterprise hosts a group of Vulcans who, unlike T'Pol and the other Vulcan High Command, are eager to embrace and experience their own emotions. When one of their rank tempts her to adapt their more free-spirited approach to life, T'Pol finds herself faced with a confusing and intriguing dilemma."
'Fusion' will be followed by 'Rogue Planet' at 9:00pm Eastern Time (8:00pm Central).
"While exploring an uncharted planet, Enterprise crew members encounter a group of aliens who are hunting down indigenous creatures for recreation. During their exploration, Archer is mesmerized by visions of a woman desperately attempting to communicate with him. The woman's ethereal distress signal informs Archer that she and others like her are actually the prey of the alien hunters. Heeding her call, Archer levels the playing field against the alien hunters."
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Child' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Who Watches The Watchers?' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Friday's Child' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Is There In Truth No Beauty?' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'A Piece of the Action' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Time Squared' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Covenant' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Endgame, Part I' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'Miri' at 14:00 GMT, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Angel One' at 17:00 and Channel 4 will be showing Enterprise's 'The Andorian Incident' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'Mask of Gideon' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!