Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
August 6, 2001 - 7:26 AM
- Activision has suspended development of 'Star Trek: Borg Assimilator.' "After reviewing an early version of the game, it was determined by Activision that the game's design didn't fully match that of the Star Trek universe," said a statement released by the company. This development will not affect the progress of 'Armada II' or 'Bridge Commander.'
- The official Star Trek site has opened its special 'Armada II' section. It currently features screenshots, a list of game features and a message board. Thanks to Section31 for this!
- ESCMag has posted a review of the 'Voyager Elite Force' Expansion Pack. Awarding it 6 out of 10 keys, reviewer Erich Becker wrote that "I canít really recommend it for anyone more than the die-hard Star Trek fan with a system to run the game. It lets you experience you wildest dreams of walking and interacting with the crew of a starship, but in the end you feel as though there should be more to the experience." The full review can be found here.
- The 'Elite Force' Expansion Pack has also been reviewed at TrekPages. "The original Elite Force was an awesome game and set a new standard for Star Trek games," wrote reviewer Virogen. "The Expansion, on the other hand, is boring and has nothing of importance to add to the game." The pack is awarded a score of 5/10 in the full review.
- Decipher reported that the official European CCG championships will be held this year on August 25th and 26th. Further details can be found here.
Thanks to Blue's News for most of these!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.