News BulletsBy Caillan
July 6, 2004 - 7:49 AM
- Excerpts from an interview with Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) from issue 119 of Dreamwatch magazine can be found at Sci-Fi Pulse. The actress recalled her time on Voyager, saying the series "has a wonderful shine that I don't think will ever fade".
- Patrick Stewart's (Jean-Luc Picard) behaviour on the Next Generation set is the subject of TV Guide's latest Televisionary column.
- Matt Roush has given the USA Network's new limited series, The 4400, the thumbs-up. Roush described the series, which boats Trek veterans Rene Echevarria, Ira Steven Behr and Robert Hewitt Wolfe on staff, as a "compulsively watchable thriller". Read more here.
- The Region 2 Project has posted its review of Voyager's second season on DVD, now out in the United Kingdom. Here's how the article starts:
You know for many people "Voyager" was the start of the rot in the Star Trek canon, this was the series where Star Trek really did become a "Deep Space Franchise". However, when you look at it, apart from the first season (which seemed to cater for the younger market) Voyager has a lot going for it.
The complete review is available at this page.
- Psi Phi has updated its Enterprise rerun schedule with a tentative line-up for the remainder of the summer.
- Over at Star Trek: Hypertext, 'Jammer' has uploaded his reviews of the final three episodes of Enterprise's third season. "The Council" was given a score of 3.5 out of 4, "Countdown" merited 3 out of 4, and the final episode, "Zero Hour", received 2.5 out of 4.
- The Top 10 Star Trek hot sauce brands have been revealed at About.com.