Site ColumnsBy Lisa
December 5, 2001 - 9:48 PM
I read about an fantastic invention this morning. I think, if I wasn't so addicted to my Playstation and the internet I might even have to start saving my pennies for it. Of course, it would take me a few centuries to accumulate enough.
The Executive Silencer costs a whopping $2,500. But it performs an invaluable service that would be a great benefit to all those around me.
This fantastic gadget has the power to silence all mobile phones within a certain vicinity. Imagine that. Next time I'm in a que at the Post Office, no more annoying Samba-style ring tones going off every 5 second. No more Match of The Day trilling from the back seat on the bus.
Unfortunately, the gadget is so high tech, you need permission to operate it in the UK. I only wish you needed special permission to have that annoying samba ring tone on your mobile phone.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-What did you think of the Trek Spoof movie Galaxy Quest?
-Why are there so few robots in Trek?
-Talk about your Trek viewing habits.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing a repeat of Enterprise's 'Fight or Flight'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
As they continue their deep space exploration, the Enterprise crew comes across an alien ship where they discover 15 humanoid corpses that seem to have been part of a scientific experiment. The horrific sight inspires Hoshi to panic and demand a return to Earth, but Archer insists on continuing the mission and finding out more about the abandoned dead. Trouble comes calling when the aliens that were conducting the gruesome experiments return and begin attacking Captain Archer and his team.
More information can be found in the episode guide.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Amok Time' at 6:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Immunity Syndrome' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Manhunt' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Chimera' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Natural Law' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Parallax' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'Datalore' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Wire' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Basics, Part II' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing TNG's 'The Loss' at 02:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing The Next Generation episodes 'Time Squared' at 8:00 p.m and 'Captain's Holiday' at 11:00 p.m eastern time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Who Mourns for Adonais' at 6:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Immunity Syndrome' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m, eastern time, followed by the Next Gneration episode 'Manhunt' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Chimera' at 5:00 p.m, and Voyager's 'Natural Law' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Shore Leave' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Time and Again' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will show DS9's 'Crossover' at 18:00 ECT, with NET5 showing Voyager's 'Flashback' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!