News BulletsBy Christian
September 5, 2000 - 8:29 PM
- Jim Kirk at the Chicago Tribune has written a column about Al DeVaney, president of WPWR in Chicago and KTVD in Denver, both UPN affiliates. In the article he gives his perspective on the risk UPN has of suddenly falling away.
- Over the past several months, a 'Stargate' vs 'Star Trek' poll has been running on the Sky One web site in the UK. According to a report on the Great Link, Trek won marginally with 54% of the votes.
- Garrett Wang (Harry Kim) will be attending 'Hollywood Comes To Chicago 2000', an event taking place from the 15th to the 17th of September in Chicago, and intended to provide an opportunity for local screenwriters, novelists, filmmakers and actors to mingle with East and West Coast industry leaders. Read more about in in the official press release.
- UPN was the first network to launch its new fall season yesterday, airing new episodes of 'Moesha' and 'The Parkers'. Next week they'll also be the first network to debut new shows: 'The Hughleys', coming from ABC, and all-new show 'Girlfriends'. Thanks go out to the Kansas City Star for this!
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has updated the syndicated episode schedule for Voyager through the end of September.
- And at the Cynics Corner there is a new German translation of David E. Sluss' review of DS9's 'Behind the Lines'.
- Over at the J-Team, they've put up what is as far as I'm aware the first-ever TrekToday parody: Janeway Today - Your Source for up to the minute news on the Auburn Queen!
- And Thomas sends along word that he's opened TrekPhysics.com, a site "dedicated to the science
fictionof Star Trek", as the site puts it. At the site you'll be able to find articles on a variety of Trek science subjects, as well as a message forum.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.