News BulletsBy Caillan
July 5, 2001 - 8:19 AM
- James Cromwell (Zefram Cochrane) was arrested on Tuesday during an animal rights demonstration against the Wendy's fast food chain. "After 'Babe,' people recognized that pigs and other animals ... are sensitive, gentle animals," Cromwell said in a statement released by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) . "It's high time that big corporations like Wendy's stopped treating these wonderful animals like meat machines." Further information can be found in this AP article. Thanks to Gul Darhe'el for this!
- He played an EMH in Voyager's 'Message In A Bottle,' but Andy Dick's new project sees him behind the camera. The actor will star in and direct 'Taylor Made,' a feature film he wrote himself. More details can be found here. Thanks to Gul Darhe'el for this!
- Over at About.com, Julia Houston has posted the latest edition of her column, entitled 'Enterprise: A Little Soon For A Boycott.' Here's an extract from the article:
Most fans are looking forward to the new series, especially, I've noticed, people who haven't been watching Star Trek lately and have been looking for a way to "get back into it." But there's a small but very vocal group of Trekkers already protesting the show for a variety of reasons: Bakula's "stunt casting," the whole idea of a prequel, the obvious difficulties with continuity, sexpot female Vulcan characters, the ship design...you name it, really.
The full article can be found here.
- A UPN promotional item for Enterprise is available on eBay. Inside the cover, labeled Star Trek 1966 - 2001 - UPN Fall 2001, is a copy of a revised and updated edition of the Star Trek Encylopedia, by Michael Okuda and Denise Okuda. The auction can be found here. Thanks to TrekWeb for this!
- EnterpriseUK has posted a short taster from its upcoming interview with Trek veteran Rick Sternbach. "Sadly, the producers didn’t see fit to include me in their plans for Enterprise," Sternbach said, "so I didn’t have much to say about how things will look." The rest of the preview can be found here.
- SyFy Portal has posted a report detailing the online fan written series, 'Star Trek: Renaissance.' The article can be found here, whilst the project's website is located at StarTrekRenaissance.com.
- According to Voyager's Delights, Dominic Keating, set to play Lt. Commander Malcolm Reed in Enterprise, will be appearing on television this weekend. Keating can be seen in the film 'Immortal,' to air on UPN on July 7th and July 14th. More information can be found here at Voyager's Delights.
- 'Wes Craven Presents: Dracula 2000' is now available on video and DVD. The DVD version includes extra footage of Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) that didn't make it into the film's final cut. Thanks to the Official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage for this!
- According to Amazon, Voyager Video Volume 7.7, featuring 'Repentance' and 'Prophecy,' will be available in the UK on September 3rd. It can currently be pre-ordered from Amazon.