Site ColumnsBy Caillan
July 5, 2001 - 7:29 AM
I'm being tempted by eBay. I almost thought I was in heaven last night when I discovered the scripts for 'Hope and Fear,' 'Equinox, Part 2,' 'Worst Case Scenario' and 'Good Shepherd' sitting there, ready to be bought.
Despite a divinely-inspired "Do It!" from one who has communion with The Icon, I still can't make the plunge. I'm afraid that once I start, I won't be able to stop.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What Trek novel would make a good episode?
- What do you think is the social commentary of 'Star Trek: First Contact'?
- What are your favourite Voyager character nuances?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major headlines on July 5th, 1999:
- Defending Brannon Braga
A new article by Valentine Winter was posted at the Trek Nation in an attempt to defend Voyager writer/producer Brannon Braga. "I know that many people thought of Voyager's fifth season as the best yet, with the writing significantly improved over the previous years. Episodes such as 'Drone,' 'Timeless' and 'Someone To Watch Over Me' (all of which had Braga credited for parts of the story or teleplay) were regarded by many as being very good, and certainly showed that Braga is still a very talented writer," Winter wrote. "If we want Star Trek to live on, the last thing we should do is spread around rumors attacking Braga in some of the lowest ways imaginable."
- Roxann Dawson On Star Trek
Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres) was interviewed by Dreamwatch magazine, and spoke about the future of the franchise. "I think it is still striking chords with people, but I think it does need to find a new generation," she said. "[...] Maybe what will happen will be what happened before: it disappears for a while, and then resurfaces. I don't know. I do think that everything works in cycles, and the way that people rediscovered Star Trek. They may have to rediscover it again."
- Robert O'Reilly Interview Robert O'Reilly, who played Chancellor Gowron on TNG and DS9, spoke to TV Zone about his final days on the DS9 set. "We had a good time filming that day even though it was a very long shoot," he said. "I think I got there at seven in the morning and didn't leave until two the next morning, but I enjoyed myself. What made the day even more special is that it was the first time my wife came to the set. She was an actress years ago so she's used to the whole filming process, but I was just delighted for her to finally be on the set before the show wrapped"
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series episode 'The Man Trap' at 10:00 a.m Eastern Time, repeated at 4:00 p.m. The Next Gerneration's 'The Mind's Eye' will be shown at 12:00 a.m. Deep Space Nine's 'Defiant' will be shown at 5:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Prey' will be shown at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation's 'Allegiance' at 17:00 GMT. Voyager's 'The Killing Game, Part One' at 22:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing The Next Generation's 'Die Iconia Sonden' at 16:00 ECT.
- In the Netherlands, Nederland 2 will be showing Voyager's 'Dragon's Teeth' at 17:05 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Charlie X' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'In Theory' at 12:00pm, a repeat of 'Charlie X' at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Fascination' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Retrospect' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Captain's Holiday' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00, and Voyager's 'The Killing Game' at 22:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Hotel Royale' ('The Royale') at 16:00 ECT and Voyager's 'Verdrängung' ('Repression') at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, Ned2 will be showing Voyager's 'One Small Step' at 17:05 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!