News BulletsBy Caillan
May 5, 2003 - 5:37 AM
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) recently told the Associated Press he was reluctant to sign up for X-Men because of his long association with Star Trek.
- William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) rendition of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds has been voted the worst Beatles cover of all time, Australia's Daily Telegraph reported.
- The "Make A DS9 Movie" campaign sends word that their petition has not yet recieved a response from Paramount, but signatures are still being collected at the campaign's web site. A new celebrity responses section has been launched, featuring messages of support from Andrew Robinson (Garak) and Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn).
- Julia Houston at SciFi.About.com has posted the second instalment in her series of articles looking at the State of the Trek Franchise.
- Rick Norwood examines the most recent Enterprise episodes in his latest Babylon 5.1 column.
- Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko) was recently featured in a print ad for Discover Jersey Arts in the Newark Star-Ledger. The text read as follows:
No need to trek very far for great theater, music, or museums. Everything you want is right nere in New Jersey. Discover the Jersey stars for yourself...
Avery Brooks Actor/Television Star/Professor Princeton, New Jersey
Thanks to Holly Kim Wilson for this!
- Deep Space Nine scribe Rene Echevarria recently spoke to the New York Daily News about his feelings on The Matrix.
- TrekPulse is giving away a copy of the Enterprise novel Surak's Soul as part of a caption competition.
- There weren't any Klingons or Suliban in sight, but Broken Bow, Oklahoma, was recently hit by a tornado. Thanks to Psi Phi's David Henderson for this!