News BulletsBy Michelle
March 5, 2004 - 9:13 PM
- While Avery Brooks (Captain Sisko) rehearses to play King Lear at Yale University in Connecticut, another Trek alumnus, Christopher Plummer (Chang), is playing the Shakespearean role at Lincoln Center in New York. Reuters, The New York Times, The Associated Press and The New York Daily News give Plummer mixed reviews.
- The Wichita Eagle reports that another Trek film alum, Kirstie Alley (Saavik), will perform in a benefit for the Orpheum Theatre in Wichita, Kansas on Sunday, March 7th.
- Stuart Baird, the director of Star Trek: Nemesis, will direct the sci-fi thriller Possession, according to ComingSoon.net.
- Totally Kate! has new photos of Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) posing with fans in Florida.
- Psi Phi has posted the cover and information about the upcoming Tales of the Dominion War, edited by Keith R.A. DeCandido, a trade paperback which will include twelve short stories.
- Wired discusses the creation of the Borg Invasion simulation which will open March 18th at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas. "There are things you can't do in a traditional film projection, and we're doing them all," said David Thornton, vice president of production for Paramount Parks.
- Julia Houston has posted reviews of Star Trek: Enterprise's "Hatchery", "Harbinger" and "Doctor's Orders" at About.com.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.