Site ColumnsBy Lisa
February 6, 2002 - 3:36 AM
I feel like I've been in one of those black and white silent comedy films today. I was faced with the challenge of getting a new bed into the house and up the stairs, along the landing and into its new home in the bedroom. This would have been a much simpler task had I not needed to get the old bed out of the way first. The second hardest thing was stopping myself from bursting into laughter whilst holding the bottom half of the bed in trying to get it up the stairs. The temptation just to let go for the comedy value almost proved too much. It's a good job there were no banana skins around.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Which actress was the better Borg Queen?
-Share your first Trek memory.
-Is the Prime Directive out of date?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
elow are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on
- Julia Houston reviews 'Memorial'
about.com's Star Trek guide Julia Houston reviewed Voyager's latest episode. Here;s a snippet:
The power of our helplessness to prevent the continuation of unspeakable acts despite the lessons history begs to teach us is evident all around us. Look at the people trying to pretend the Holocaust didn't exist, let alone our refusal to acknowledge what goes on in the poorer neighborhoods of our cities. And it's that power that drives "Memorial," though unfortunately the drive isn't nearly as far or as full of twists and turns as it should be.
The full review can be accessed here.
- TrekToday is a year old - sort of
"Welcome to the very first real news update at Trektoday! Of course, you won't actually be seeing this, as this is just a test run for us staff, but if you ever happen to read this in the archives - hello there! This first day took me about 90 minutes to collect all the news - I'm still looking for ways to speed things up. For now, let's get on with the news!"
February 5th is the anniversary of the first test-run for TrekToday. The site didn't officially launch until February 22nd, but Christian celebrated making the first every update on the site two years ago today.
More headlines can be found in our February 2000 archive.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Legacy' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Unification, Part II' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Elaan of Troyius' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Menagerie, Part I' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Devil's Due' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Sanctuary' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Tuvix' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Macrocosm' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 23:55. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'The Neutral Zone' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' at 23:45 Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode Shadows of P'Jem. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
Archer and the crew are disappointed to discover that T'Pol has been ordered by the Vulcan High Command to leave the Enterprise — and equally frustrated at her seeming indifference to leaving their ranks. T'Pol's last mission as a Starfleet officer, however, proves eventful when she and Archer are kidnapped by a militant faction on an alien planet and find themselves once again at the mercy of the volatile Andorians.
More information about the episode can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Reunion' at 8:00 p.m and 'Hero Worship' at 11:00 p.m eastern time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Whom Gods Destroy' at 6:00 p.m eastern time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Menagerie - Part II' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, with the TNG episode 'Clues' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Rivals' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Resolutions' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Bread and Circuses' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show the Voyager episode 'Fair Trade' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!