News BulletsBy Caillan
January 5, 2003 - 11:22 AM
- Nemesis held on to its #11 slot at the US box office, taking an estimated $1,108,179 on New Year's Day, according to Box Office Mojo. This takes its cumulative total to $36.6m. Maid in Manhattan — which barely beat Nemesis on its opening weekend — holds supreme at #4, with an estimated $3,407,646 on the same day. Victor for the day was again Lord of the Rings, taking in a cool $11,600,000.
- The Psi Phi Star Trek Books Database has been updated with the back cover text for 'Well of Souls', 'Deny Thy Father' and 'Catalyst of Sorrows'.
- The Anchorage Daily News has published a story about the Make-A-Wish Foundation organising a visit to the Enterprise set for a seriously-ill boy. Thanks to 'Enterpriser' for this!
- J.M. Dillard's 'Star Trek Nemesis' novelisation was the third-highest selling e-Book in December, 2002, according to Palm Digital Media. Thanks to 'Enterpriser' for this!
- Kilian Melloy at Wigglefish has reviewed 'Rising Son' and 'The Brave and the Bold, Book 2', awarding them both a score of 4 out of 5. Thanks to dieter for this!
- Trek novelist Peter David comments on the current state of the franchise at his web site. Thanks to 'slappy' for this!
- An recent article in the LA Times (via StarTrek.com) examines William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) acting career.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.