News BulletsBy Caillan
January 5, 2002 - 3:59 PM
- According to a report at EnterpriseUK.tv, Enterprise will not be shown in widescreen when it makes its debut in the United Kingdom on Monday. "At the present time, our extensive research and careful monitoring of viewer feedback has indicated that the widescreen viewer is still outnumbered 3:1," a Sky One spokesperson said.
- C.A. Voights at the Starfleet Library has posted her mid-season Enterprise review. Here's an extract from the article:
As with the birth of any new child, it behooves the parents and relatives to remember that a new individual has entered the world. In this case, the 'parents,' Rick Berman & Brannon Braga, have realized that this new creation is not a clone of any of the others but a creation onto its own right. While still remembering it is a part of a family, they have given this child an identity all its own.
The full review can be found here.
- The Trekker Newsletter's Jacqueline Bundy has weighed in with her thoughts on the recently-released Original Seires novel, 'In The Name Of Honor.'"If you relish a great Star Trek adventure then pick up a copy of this wonderful book and let yourself get lost between it's pages," she wrote. "There is always time for a visit with an old friend." Follow this link to read more.
- The Swedish DVD site DVDForum.nu reported the TNG DVD season one box set will be released on April 17. Season two is currently scheduled to follow on May 15. Thanks to Zenon for this!
- MediaTrek.com has uploaded a 5.3MB MPG version of the Enterprise '5 new episodes' trailer here.
- Blackstar has posted the cover art for Voyager video volume 7.13, containing the series finale, 'Endgame.' The video will be released in the United Kingdom on February 4. Thanks to Paul Woodhouse and Scotty for this!
- About.com's Sci-Fi/Fantasy guide Julia Houston gets to grips with the world of fantasy in her latest article.
- The Leonard Nimoy Event Horizon Theatre will form part of the Griffith Observatory's three-year makeover. Further details can be found in this StarTrek.com report.