News BulletsBy Christian
August 4, 2000 - 11:28 PM
- UltimateTV is reporting that UPN, airing its popular 'WWF Smackdown!' show, managed to land in second place for the night, defeating NBC, CBS, Fox and the WB, mostly due to the major networks all covering the Republican National Convention. This is apparently the first time UPN has managed to achieve such a high position in timeslot competition.
- Warner Home Video has announced it will be releasing 'A Christmas Carol', starring Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), on home video on the 31st of October. The video comes with a recommended retail price of $14.95, and is already available for pre-order at Amazon for nearly $2 less.
- UPN has started showing the first 30-second promo spots for Voyager's final season, dealing with "Voyager's Heroes". The clip contains no new footage, instead being made up of some of the more exciting scenes from the past six years. As usual, Mr. Video Productions digitised the clip, but as his site appears to be down at the moment you should probably try the Section 31 mirror. I'd put up a mirror as well, but with my current 9.6k connection that would mean I wouldn't be done before the boat leaves for Holland.
- Julia Houston at About.com's Star Trek Fans has put up a new list, Most Appropriate Trek Aliens for the 21st Century.
- A final date for the appearance by Tim Russ (Tuvok) on the Howard Stern show has been set - he and his band will be taking part in a 'Battle Of The Bands' against Stern's 'The Losers' on the 18th of August. Thanks go out to Section 31 and Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for this!
- Media Trek has been updated with a full digitised version of the recent appearance by William Shatner (James T. Kirk) on the Late Late Show. You can find the 6.2 MB Real G2 file here.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.