News BulletsBy Lisa
June 4, 2001 - 10:42 PM
- The June 9th Behind the Scenes show on the E! Entertainment cable network will feature the new Disney blockbuster "Atlantis: The Lost Empire." The film features the voice of Leonard Nimoy as the King of Atlantis. The show promises to "go behind the scenes and discover how Fox, Nimoy and Garner bond with their cartoon counterparts." You can find more information on the show here at the E! Online web site. Thanks go out to Lisa for this news!
- Deep Space Nine and Voyager director Alan Eastman was recently critical of the Star Trek franchise. In an interview about his work on Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda Eastman said: "I think the Star Trek franchise has become too formula and safe. They don't want to try anything new. They're basically doing the same thing over and over." You can read more of this interview, which originall appeared in the Canada National Post, here at Slipstream News.
- Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris) and Ethan Phillips (Neelix) will be embarking on a signing tour of Science fiction shops in the United Kingdom, as a precursor to their appearance at the 'Voyager: The Return' convention in Blackpool. The dates are as follows: Glasgow Forbidden Planet on 23rd July, Birmingham Nostalgia and Comics on 24 July, Leeds Forbidden Planet on 25th July, Manchester Forbidden Planet on 25th July, and Liverpool Worlds Apart on 26th July. Please check at all venues for times and further information. Thanks go out to Claire McB for the information!
- Want to own a piece of Voyager? Currently going for a measly US $305 over at E Bay is a Voyager MK X Tricorder signed by Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres) at last weekend's 'Women of Voyager' Convention. Thanks to Section 31 for this news!
- 1979's "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" has just been reviewed by Dan Knight at Digital Views. "ST:TMP is a visual treat. Douglas Trumbull's vision was stunning on the big screen and holds up quite well on video." You can read the full analysis by following this link.
- Arizona Senator John McCain endured some Star Trek-style protest at the weekend. Nine protestors outside the senator's ranch carried placards protesting against his abandonment of conservative ideals, one of which bore the legend "McBorg: Has Been Assimilated." You can find more information on the incident here in this Associated Press report.
- 'Vertical Limit' the 'man against the mountain' adventure that stars Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir) is now available to buy on DVD here at Amazon.com.
- The year edition of the German language Star Trek online magazine 'Star Trek Weekly' has been released. You can read the huge issue by following this link.
- John Cook updated the Sev Wide Web with a little progress report on the Sev Trek Movie. John says that the movie is about 40% completed, and he hopes to release the film before Christmas 2001.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.