Site ColumnsBy Caillan
June 4, 2001 - 1:03 PM
Wanted: New Favourite Show.
An exciting television show is wanted to fill the very large void left by the dear, departed Voyager. Buyer is willing to spend large amounts of money on videos, posters and other assorted merchandise. Also prepared to devote many hours to writing long, boring articles on said show.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What was the best FX in The Original Series?
- Would you like to see a series set in the mirror universe?
- In Science Fiction and Fantasy: Talk about the Harry Potter books.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
- Eon 'Free Enterprise' Review
Jeff Bond at Eon Magazine posted a very positive review of the movie 'Free Enterprise,' starring William Shatner. "It's a lot closer to my experience of being a science fiction fan than the one depicted in 'Trekkies'," he wrote.
- 'Insurrection' Rental Drops Further
In its third week on the rental charts, 'Star Trek:Insurrection' dropped from third to sixth, taking in only $2.19 million. In its first three weeks, the release only took $8.03 million, which was less than 'Saving Private Ryan' raked in during its first week.
- Eon's Long Goodbye Continues
Eon Magazine continued its coverage of the DS9 finale, in which producer Hans Beimler talked about why he felt DS9 was closer to the spirit of The Original Series than TNG. "On the surface, TNG looks much more in the tradition of The Original Series, but I think in actuality we are," he said. "TNG, to me wasn't about the characters, ultimately. It was about Picard, Data and not really about the rest of them."
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'A Private Little War' at 5:00 p.m EST.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Next Generation's 'Captain's Holiday' at 12:00 p.m EST. At 4:00 p.m the Original Series' 'Return to Tomorrow' will be shown, followed by DS9's 'Armageddon Game' at 5:00 p.m. Voyager's 'Rise' will be shown at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Samaritan Snare' at 17:00 GMT. Voyager's 'Workforce, Part One' will be shown at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, rtl5 will be showing DS9's 'Badda-bing Badda-bang' at 18:05 ECT. net5 will show Voyager's 'Scorpion, Part One' at 18:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'Return To Tomorrow' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Patterns Of Force' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Tin Man' at 12:00pm, a repeat of 'Patterns Of Force' at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Whispers' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Favourite Son' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Up The Long Ladder' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:10. BBC2 will be showing Voyager's 'Alice' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's '11001001' at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges' at 18:05 CET, and Yorin will be showing 'Star Trek:The Motion Picture' at 21:05. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!