Site ColumnsBy Christian
March 4, 2001 - 10:35 PM
It's strange, but for some reason I've been staring at an empty text box for half an hour now - somehow it's hard to write anything particularly meaningful for 'Hello World!' the day after surprising that same world with the Series V report.
It's fascinating how quickly this news spread through the internet - an hour after posting the news item, my mailbox was already exploding with comments, and of course the Trek BBS is busier than ever, too. In a way I suppose it's a good thing this came out during the weekend - had this occurred during the week, when the site is usually busier, I doubt the server would have survived it.
Meanwhile, we're thinking about using the large amount of mails to restart an old feature that we used to do back when the site started - the Trek Nation mailbag. If you have any comments you'd like to make about the latest Series V rumours, or about anything else here on TrekToday, please send them in to email@example.com, and we might publish them in the mailbag!
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-As was to be expected, the Future of Trek forum has exploded with new topics on Series V. First of all, participate in the pro-S5 thread, or else read why some people think the reporters are far too similar to characters from Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Alternatively, just discuss the characters in general.
-What have been the best episodes of Voyager's seventh season so far?
-And in the Science Fiction & Fantasy forum: Are you a fan of 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
On the 4th of February, 1999, the most important TrekToday headlines of the day were as follows:
- Warp 11 Talks Final Chapter - Leonard Schuurmans at the now sadly defunct Warp 11 posted some all-new info on the final DS9 episodes. He revealed that the first six episodes would be called 'Penumbra,' 'Umbra,' 'Eclipse,' 'The Changing Face Of Evil,' 'When It Rains...' and 'Tacking Into The Wind,' some of which of course later underwent name changes, and also reported Kai Winn and Garak would be prominently present in the Final Chapter.
- Voyager FX House To Create 'Starship Troopers 2' - Foundation Imaging, the company responsible for a large part of Voyager's visual effects, secured the rights to produce the new 'Starship Troopers' television series. The series actually made it to the television and received high critical acclaim, but unfortunately due to scheduling difficulties was never able to build up a consistent following.
- Voyager Remains Top-Rated UPN Show - Not surprisingly for that time, Voyager managed to stay in its position as the top-rated show on the UPN network, a position which is now usually taken by 'WWF Smackdown!'.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! In the new poll, you're asked what you thought about the new Series V report:,
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'The Ultimate Computer' at 10:00am Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'I, Mudd' at 10:00am Eastern Time and TNG's 'Liaisons' at 11:00am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing three TNG episodes tomorrow afternoon, beginning with 'The Vengeance Factor' at 14:00 GMT, followed by 'The Defector' at 15:00 and then 'The Hunted' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'Bread and Circuses' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'Metamorphosis' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Interface' at 12:00pm, 'Metamorphosis' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'The Recknoning' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Fury' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Starship Down' at 17:00 and at midnight GMT. At 20:00, they will be showing the new Voyager episode 'Drive'. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'The Ship' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Parallax' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!