News BulletsBy Caillan
December 3, 2001 - 11:34 AM
- Cinescape has posted a review of the VHS version of 'Mind Meld,' an intimate tell-all conversation between Trek stars William Shatner (James T. Kirk) and Leonard Nimoy (Spock). Here's an extract from the article:
The lack of official material is more than balanced by the film's disarmingly open, freewheeling tone. The production feels more like a friendly personal visit with these two legends than anything fans are likely to see anywhere else, and for that reason alone a space must be reserved for it on each diehard Trekkie’s video shelf.
In the full review, the video was awarded a B grade.
- Robert Picardo (the Holodoc) will guest star in an episode of Frasier on December 11, in which he plays Martin Crane's new boss. Further details can be found here at CARPE.
- Totally Kate has been updated with a publicity image of Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) from her new play 'Tea At Five,' which opens next year. Full details can be found at the site.
- Mirrors of all the Enterprise episode promos have been added here at EnterpriseUK.
- 'Virogen' at TrekPages has reviewed book four of the Gateways series - 'Demons of Air and Darkness.' "This is yet another excellent addition to the Relaunch series," he wrote. "DeCandido manages to beautifully balance and develop all the characters throughout the entire novel, while at the same time presenting an interesting and engaging story." In the complete analysis, the book was awarded a score of 9.5 out of 10.
- Psi Phi has posted the cover of Robert Picardo's upcoming work - 'The Hologram's Handbook.'
- MediaTrek.com is running a competition with a prize of six months free Internet access and a chance to win an Apple iMac computer. Full details can be found here.