News BulletsBy Michelle
November 3, 2003 - 10:19 PM
- Family and fans of James Doohan (Montgomery Scott) have begun a fundraiser to get the actor a star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood, reports Sci Fi Pulse. For further information see Scotty's Star.
- William Shatner (Captain Kirk) spoke to Network World Fusion about the future of technology and his book I'm Working on That: A Trek from Science Fiction to Fact.
- Tom Hardy (Shinzon) will play Elizabethan playwright Christopher Marlowe in a new film by Julien Temple, according to Empire Online. Thanks to Dannie of Tom Hardy Realm.
- Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) will take part in The 28th Annual Carbonell Award Ceremonies, South Florida's Theater & Arts Honors, on Monday, November 10, 2003, according to Totally Kate!.
- Totally Kate! has also added a transcript of Mulgrew on "South Florida Arts Beat" on WLRN radio.
- Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) voices a new lingerie ad featuring Spice Girl Emma Bunton for UK department store Marks & Spencer. Thanks to TrekWeb.
- The DS9 Avatar Website has a report on writer Terri Osborne, who answers questions about the details of the 50th S.C.E. story, "Malefictorum."
- U.S. military publication Stars and Stripes has a feature on Sergeant Rachel Brown, an officer in Kosovo who said Star Trek was her inspiration to do charity work.
- TrekWeb will be conducting a chat with Enterprise story editor Andre Bormanis on Thursday, November 6th.
- Composer Velton Ray Bunch will score the upcoming Enterprise episode "Similitude", airing November 12th. Thanks to Matt Klamm for the news.
- In November the LCARS Computer Network will be giving away a signed and personalized copy of the Deep Space Nine novel Unity by S.D. Perry. Visit the site for more information.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.