News BulletsBy Christian
November 3, 2000 - 12:40 AM
- Unlike my own interpretation of the ratings for new UPN shows 'Freedom' and 'Level Nine', Variety reported that the new shows actually performed pretty well for the netlet, giving UPN its best-ever showing on Friday nights with regular programming, and strong improvements over last year's average ratings.
- According to AnotherUniverse's Daily Buzz, Alfre Woodard (Lily Sloane) has joined the cast of 'K-Pax', a film about a hospital patient who believes that he is an alien from the planet K-Pax. The role of the patient will be played by Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges will play his psychiatrist, and Woodard the psychiatrist's boss.
- Dark Horizons is reporting that 'Wes Craven Presents Dracula 2000', which features Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) as a journalist turned vampire, will not be released in cinemas after all. Instead, the movie will be released on video and DVD on the 18th of December.
- The Digital Bits is reporting that recent reports from Germany about TNG arriving on Region 2 DVD as soon as May 2001 are inaccurate. Apparently, TNG episodes are indeed coming to DVD in 2001, but not until the 3rd or the 4th quarter, as a decision still has to be made on how many episodes to include per disc.
- Psi Phi has been updated with excerpts of the third and fourth novels in Dianne Carey's 'Rihannsu' series, 'Swordhunt' and 'Honor Blade'.
- The J-Team, dedicated to all things Janeway, has released the November issue of Red Alert, its official newsletter. This month, the issue features articles on fanfic, as well as the somewhat more unusual columns dealing with 'the walks of the icon'. Click here to read it.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.