Optical Data Network BulletsBy Christian
October 4, 2000 - 12:11 AM
Editor Adam Bailey just sent out Volume V, Issue 113 of the Optical Data Network, his bi-weekly Star Trek newsletter. As usual, below is a summary of the Trek news that we didn't catch the first time around:
- Robert Wise, who directed and is currently recutting 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture', was recently awarded the Society of Operating Cameramen's Governors' Award.
- Totally Kate! has a reprint of an interview with Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) that originally appeared in the Toronto Saturday Star from December 1980, nearly twenty years ago.
- People Magazine has posted an article looking at how 'Bensom' alumni René Auberjonois (Odo) and Ethan Phillips (Neelix) both ended up on Star Trek.
- Allie Cahill at TV Guide has posted an interview with Susanna Thompson (the Borg Queen), talking about her role on 'Once And Again'.
- And Fintan O'Toole at the Irish Times recently interviewed Wallace Shawn (Zek) about his newest plays.
- Wired's Lakshmi Chaudhry has written an article about the origins of so-called 'slash' fan-fiction in Star Trek.
- Articles on the traveling Federation Science Exhibit can be found here at the Irish Times, written by Rachel Donnelly, and here at the Independent, written by Greg Hurst.
- The Italian magazinee L'Espresso recently gave away copies of Star Trek episodes on CD-Rom, in an effort for the readers of that magazine to learn English. Italy apparently has one of the
smallest percentages of English speakers in Europe.
- On Friday, the the Kansas City Symphony presented 'Space -- A Musical
Odyssey', also including Star Trek music.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.