Site ColumnsBy Caillan
July 3, 2002 - 4:12 PM
Smallville finally made it to Australian shores last night (even later than Enterprise I might add), and it's quite a fun, enjoyable show. Nothing ground-breaking, but quality entertainment. They showed the first two episodes back to back, which was good because the second one continued directly on from where the pilot left off.
However, if I lived in Smallville, I would refuse to drive a car for fear of anything happening to me. In the first two episodes, Lana's parents got killed as soon as they got out of the car, the Kents got flipped over while driving, Lex drove his off a bridge, the bug guy got eaten alive when his car hit that tree, and Whitney got attacked while driving home. Good thing Clark didn't accept Lex's truck - who knows what would have happened.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will the 'Nemesis' poster attract the average filmgoer?
- Should Voyager have been left in the Delta Quadrant?
- Should Series VI be about a rogue crew?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Cold Front'. Here;s how the official site describes the episode:
When the Enterprise comes in contact with an alien vessel transporting stargazers to observe a spectacular stellar event, Archer invites them aboard the ship not realizing that Silik, a Suliban enemy, is among them. Archer quickly realizes that Silik is engaged in a nefarious time-travelling mission and must stop him before he can tamper with the course of history.
More information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'The Naked Now' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'The Outrageous Okona' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Squire of Gothos' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Space Seed' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'Angel One' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Magnificent Ferengi' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Unimatrix Zero, Part 1' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the TNG episode 'Thine Own Self' at 16:00 GMT, with Voayger's 'Gravity' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Loud As A Whisper' at 11:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'I, Mudd' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'A Taste of Armageddon' at 2:00pm, TNG's '11001001' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Waltz' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Unimatrix Zero, Part 2' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Masks' at 16:00 GMT and Voyager's 'The Disease' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'Starship Mine' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!