Site ColumnsBy Caillan
May 3, 2002 - 10:11 AM
They're running a series of interviews over at Empire Online leading up to the release of 'Star Wars: Episode 2' in just a couple of weeks.
Although they haven't yet revealed all the interviewees, there are little teasers for each of the forthcoming articles. These include "There were Ewoks mud-wrestling - they're a strange breed," "In Tunisia, they tried to fry an egg on me," and my personal favourite, "It happens with anyone who picks up a lightsaber, the initial reaction is to make your own noise." *chuckle*
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- How did 'The Pegasus' affect Tom Riker?
- What is the most important aspect of the Original Series?
- In Science Fiction & Fantasy: What does the end of 'Blade Runner' mean?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on May 3, 2000:
- Series V Scriptwriting To Start Soon
Paramount Pictures released an official statement about the progress of Series V.
Rick Berman and Brannon Braga are actively involved in creating the concept for the highly anticipated fifth Star Trek series and will begin working on the script soon.
- Nick Sagan Joins Space.com
Former Voyager writer Nick Sagan was appointed of Entertainment and Games at Space.com to oversee "the design and implementation of science fiction applications, ranging from online games to fiction, comics, cartoons, artwork and original Webcast programming."
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Aquiel' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, 'The Battle' at 9:00pm, 'Ménage à Troi' at 10:00pm, and 'Thine Own Self' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Omega Glory' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'Mirror, Mirror' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 10:00am, repeated at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Second Chances' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Muse' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Thirty Days' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Blink of an Eye' at 17:00 and 00:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Second Chances' at 11:00am, DS9's 'The Muse' at 12:00pm and Voyager's 'Thirty Days' at 1:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume?' at 14:00 GMT, TNG's 'Reunion' at 15:00, TNG's 'Future Imperfect' at 16:00, and Voyager's 'Virtuoso' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'Turnabout Intruder' at 19:30, TNG's 'Galaxy's Child' at 20:30, DS9's 'The Search, Part I' at 21:30, and Voyager's 'Prototype' at 22:30. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!