News BulletsBy Christian
April 3, 2005 - 7:54 PM
- Star Trek: Enterprise was nominated this week in the Favorite TV Series category of the Canadian Spacey awards. In addition, Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) and Jolene Blalock (T'Pol) received nominations in the Favorite Male Character and Favorite Female Category, respectively. Fans can pick the eventual winners for the awards by voting online, ahead of the actual awards ceremony on the 29th of May.
- The official web site of the Ortolan Restaurant, owned by Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), has been updated with new photos of the interior of the restaurant. Thanks go out to the Jerioholics for this!
- WilliamShatner.com has been updated with a behind-the-scenes report on Invasion: Iowa, the Kirk actor's reality mini-series that finished its run on SpikeTV on April Fool's Day.
- Sev Trek has the continuation of the Sev Space Sunday Caption Contest on Riker's desire to take over the Enterforaprize's captain chair. This time, Captain Pinchhard is left wondering why Piker is imitating all his mannerisms.
- According to the Futon Critic, Third Watch's Jason Wiles has joined the cast of The Commuters, the new CBS comedy starring Jeri Ryan and executive produced by former Voyager writer Michael Taylor.
- And the Futon Critic also notes that Gail Berman is now officially the president of Paramount Pictures. In that position, she'll be responsible for the company's "annual slate of films, including the acquisition of literary properties, development, budgeting, casting and production of motion pictures."
- Psi Phi has posted an excerpt of Death in Winter, the first post-Nemesis TNG novel, written by Michael Jan Friedman. The book will be released as a hardcover in September, but can already be pre-ordered from Amazon.com now.
- Issue 115 of the British magazine Cult Times, on sale now in the United Kingdom, features an interview with Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer), in which the actor looks back on the ups and downs of his time captaining the very first Enterprise.
- Fan film project Star Trek: New Voyages has attracted the attention of the Associated Press.
- Humboldt State University university is touting the fact that one of its articles, dealing with Humboldt alumnus and Enterprise visual effects supervisor Dan Curry, was picked up by the British Star Trek Magazine.
- Frequent Star Trek guest actor Vaughn Armstrong (Admiral Forrest) sent some rather belated Happy Easter Greetings to his German fans at TrekZone.de.
- Sound Health Research recently announced a device called the "Little Black Box," a Star Trek-style medical device that allows doctors to diagnose and eliminate back pain using sound waves.
- David E. Sluss at infamous review site the Cynics Corner has announced he will be returning to review the final six Enterprise episodes.
- The April 10 episode of the Cartoon Network series Robot Chicken will feature a Trek-inspired segment called Two Kirks, a Khan, and a Pizza Place. Thanks go out to Holly Kim Cardie for this!
- Space Station K7 have released Act One of The Argas Effect, an Original-Series themed mod for the Elite Force computer game.
- Bill Kowinski at the Soul of Star Trek has posted a new essay on Star Trek III: The Search For Spock.
- Terry Farrell (Dax) has been added to the guest list for the London Film and ComicCon. Thanks go out to 'Dax X' for this!
- And according to Sid City, Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir) will be a guest at the CollectorMania con taking place between the 29th of April and the 2nd of May in Milton Keynes.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.