Site ColumnsBy Christian
April 3, 2001 - 12:35 PM
You know, I was originally planning to comment here about how things would undoubtedly calm down a little now that March is over, but so far we only seem to be getting more news items every day, and then the final set of Voyager episodes haven't even begun airing yet.
As I mentioned a while ago, in order to deal with the extra strain the site's sudden popularity is placing on the server, we'll be moving to a new server in a few weeks. I'm happy to report I've now found the server the site is moving to, and now just need to scrape together the funds for the initial set-up fee :). A nice bonus of the server is that not only will bandwidth costs be a bit cheaper, we'll also be able to get three times the processing power for the same price, thanks to technology significantly progressing since we got our first server. I'll keep you informed about the exact date of the move - hopefully it won't cause significant downtime for the site.
Meanwhile, if you're at all interested in 'Babylon 5', be sure to check out B5LR.com, a new fan site dedicated to the upcoming 'Legend of the Rangers' B5 telefilm. The site is being maintained by AntonyF (of Star Trek Central fame), and already offers news, a mailing list, links and a discussion board.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-What are your thoughts on Harlan Ellison?
-Would Paramount ever sell the rights to the Star Trek franchise?
-Are you also upset by the news of the Voyager sets being torn down?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Saturday the 3rd of April, 1999:
- Major New DS9 Final Chapter Spoilers - Info on most of the final DS9 episodes was revealed, with new info for every episode from 'Umbra' (later to be retitled 'Til Death Do Us Part') to 'Night Tremors' ('Extreme Measures'). Some of the spoilers include the news that Sisko and Kassidy Yates would get married, word that Odo would get infected with the Changeling disease, and info on the arrival of the new Defiant.
- Jeri Ryan 'Easter Seals' Screencaps - The Official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage posted a set of photos from the 'Easter Seals' TV program, during which James Doohan (Scotty), Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko) and Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) posthumously honoured Gene Roddenberry with a Lifetime Achievement Award. The award was accepted by Majel Barrett Roddenberry.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode 'All Our Yesterdays' at 5pm.
- In the United Kingdom, BBC2 will screen Voyager's 'Basics' at 18:50. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Blaze of Glory' at 17:15 CET while NET5 will air Voyager's 'Persistence of Vision' at 18:35. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, channel nine will air Voyager's 'Infinite Regress' at 11:55pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 9:00pm (8:00pm Central), UPN will be repeating the Voyager episode 'Body and Soul'. Here's how the network describes the episode:
When Seven protects The Doctor from Lokirrim captors by harboring his hologram in her body, The Doctor's delight in experiencing human sensations clashes with Seven's strict physical and mental disciplines - and is only exacerbated by romantic advances from the alien captain toward Seven and The Doctor's attraction toward a female alien with whom he works.Please note that the above image is copyrighted by Paramount.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the final TOS episode ever filmed, 'Turnabout Intruder', at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the TNG episode 'The Naked Now' at 17:00 and at Midnight GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Yorin will be showing DS9's 'Empok Nor' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Tattoo' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, the 9 Network will be showing DS9's 'Who Mourns For Morn?' at 12:00am. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule