News BulletsBy Christian
April 3, 2000 - 11:29 PM
- Media Monster has sent out another press release about the Back Stage West Actorfest 2000, also featuring an appearance by Majel Barrett (Nurse Chapel, Lwaxana Troi, the Computer). Actorfest is organised by the actor's trade weekly magazine, Backstage, and the Hollywood Reporter.
- In the Trenches has put up an interview with Jeremy Statz, a level designer at Raven Software working on 'Voyager: Elite Force'. In the interview, Statz reveals they'll probably release a demo shortly before the game ships, containing the first five or six single-player and a few multiplayer levels.
- According to GameDAILY's Top 20 Computer Entertainment Titles for the week of March 19-March 25, 'Star Trek: Armada' entered the sales charts at a fourth place, below 'The Sims', 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and fellow newcomer 'Star Wars: Force Commander'. Thanks go out to Evil Avatar for the link.
- Richard Bessler sends along word that the US television show 'Extra' ran a spot about how the US military is attempting to build a holodeck, similar to what we've seen in Star Trek, to be used for combat training. Of course, it will be decades before it reaches Star Trek's technological level, but a prototype could be ready in 2-3 years.
- The people behind Quadrant Wars, the free online Trek game we recently reported on, just released an update to the game. The new version (0.71) of the game includes AI combat.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.