News BulletsBy Amy
March 3, 2001 - 8:49 PM
- Another major sci-fi site goes under - British company Future Publishing yesterday announced that it will be suspending operations of their SFX Network website due to "tough market conditions." This follows the Feb 16th announcement that the company would close or sell 20 money-losing magazines, close five web sites and reduce its Internet development costs. More information on this can be found by following this link.
- Psi Phi's Book Database has been updated with the front cover images for the final four books in the Gateways crossover series, #3 TNG: 'Doors Into Chaos', by Robert Greenberger, #5 VOY: 'No Man's Land', by Christie Golden, #6 NF: 'Cold Wars', by Peter David and #7 ALL: 'What Lay Beyond'
- The March 6th edition of Star Magazine contains an article on 'how to dress like Jeri Ryan'. Jeri, of course, plays Seven of Nine. More information and a scan of the article can be found at her official site.
- The official site has posted another actor round-up, looking at current TV shows and stage productions you might find some Trek actors in.
- The Pentagon revealed yesterday a new non-lethal weapon, remarkably like a primitive phaser. It reportedly works by a focusing a narrow beam of energy that heats up the skin of a target, causing pain one might experience when touching a light bulb that has been left on for awhile. To find out more about this development, follow this link to the ABCNews.com report.
- For Norwegian fans - Mads StrÝmsnes sends word of a petition to convince Norwegian broadcaster TV2 buy more seasons of 'Star Trek - The Next Generation', which is the only Trek shown in the country. For more information, click here!
- Matthew J. Klaehn of Media Trek sends word that the Paramount Pictures Millennium Collection Gift Set is now available at local stores across the US & Canada. Each gift set includes the widescreen version of 10 of Paramount's unforgettable films on videocassette, including 'Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.' More information can be found by following this link.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.