News BulletsBy Caillan
February 3, 2002 - 7:38 AM
- In Australia, Channel 9 will not air the Enterprise premiere on February 9 as advertised. It is not known when the series will now be shown. Thanks to Shaun Turner for this!
- Over at the Cynics Corner, David E. Sluss has uploaded his review of 'Dear Doctor.' Here's an extract from the analysis:
This episode managed to pull together a lot of very old and familiar Star Trek elements and spin them together into something that seemed fresh. At nearly every turn, the script avoided the usual nonsense and instead allowed the characters to work through the issues, argue with each other firmly but rationally, and come to a hard decision.
In the full review, the episode was awarded a score of 8.75 out of 10.
- James Doohan (Montgomery Scott) will be retiring from the convention circuit this year and will be making his final appearance in the south-eastern U.S.A at Vulkon Atlanta.
- According to StarTrek.com, Connor Trinneer ('Trip' Tucker) has been nominated for a L.A. Weekly Theatre Award for his performance in 'Edward II,' while Casey Biggs's (Damar) production of 'Richard III' opened yesterday. Find out more in the site's alumni roundup.
- Mirrors of the 'Shadows of P'Jem' promo can be found at Mr. Vidiot, TrekEnterprise.net and All About Star Trek.
- The Region 2 project has posted several screen captures from the R2 version of the TNG DVD set here. Thanks to Doug Wilson for this!
- A special birthday guestbook for Ethan Phillips (Neelix) can be found here.
- Psi Phi has posted the credits for 'Sleeping Dogs.'
- The titles for the DS9 book series 'Mission Gamma' are available here at the Psi Phi book database.
- Marie Claire magazine is looking for Trek couples between the ages of 25-38 who have met online and live in the New York area. If you wish to participate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.