News BulletsBy Michelle
October 2, 2005 - 8:26 PM
- Clothes Off Our Back via Charity Folks is auctioning the Taryn Rose shoes that William Shatner (Kirk) wore to the 57th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards where he won Best Supporting Actor In A Drama Series. Shatner wears a US 9.5 shoe and has autographed the heel.
- Patrick Stewart (Picard) will play the Emperor in the upcoming videogame Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, according to Yahoo!. The Lord of the Rings' Sean Bean will play his son, while Star Wars' Terrence Stamp and Wonder Woman's Lynda Carter will voice characters as well.
- Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) has a cameo playing a doctor in the film Perception, which is scheduled to be released on DVD on Nov. 15th. Thanks to Totally Kate!
- Scans of images of the October In Style featuring Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) talking about her house are linked from the TrekBBS.
- Director and writer Joss Whedon tells MTV that he wants Star Trek fans to see Serenity:
I want all the 'Star Trek' fans and all the 'Star Wars' fans, and the 'Driving Miss Daisy' fans...I want everybody to see it. Obviously, we're not going to get the kind of base that 'Star Wars' has. That's just unprecedented; I don't think it'll happen again. But ours is an entire sci-fi universe, filled with extremely compelling characters. So if people feel like they need that, this is where they're gonna find it.
- StarTrek.com has posted a list of Star Trek actor and crew birthdays in October and an "Ask Carpone" advice column.
- More gaming news: TrekPulse has posted information and downloads from Activision's Star Trek: Armada II game as well as screen captures from Deep Space Nine's "Sanctuary".
- Perpetual's Star Trek Online has posted a developer update with news about gaming design issues.
- The Star Trek Gaming Universe has a translation of an interview in which currency for Star Trek: Online is discussed.
- Decipher has posted a call for Trek writers "a talent for technical writing, and a deep knowledge of Trek 2E", an alert about To Boldly Go specifics and an article about the Telepathic Invasion Dilemma in the new CCG series.
- Sci Fi Heaven has an interview with Trek novelist Keith R.A. DeCandido about his Serenity novelisation, future Star Trek books and more.
- The "Maquis Gras" in Valparaiso, which concludes today, is discussed in the Post-Tribune.
- The London Times compares the fortunes of Manchester United football players to those of Star Trek characters.
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer has a brief review of Enterprise season three on DVD.
- Millionaireplayboy.com looks at the special features of Star Trek Nemesis DVD.
- And the fan series Star Trek: Unity has published the newest monthly status report containing new set and exterior pictures.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.