News BulletsBy Christian
October 3, 2002 - 1:44 AM
- Brazilian Star Trek fan site Jornada nas Estrelas has posted a small number of extra publicity photos from 'Star Trek Nemesis,' showing the TNG cast as they'll appear in the new movie. Thanks go out to Lysette for this!
- Cinescape's Chris Wyatt has posted a review of 'Star Trek: Star Charts,' a new book by Geoffrey Mandel promising to be the complete atlas of Trek. Awarding the book an A-, Wyatt wrote that as a book including "every piece of information available on every planet, sun and star system ever mentioned anywhere in the TREK universe. Mandelís effort redefines the meaning of the word thorough."
- And TrekWeb has posted an interview with Mandel, in which he talks about both his new book and his work in the Star Trek art department.
- The BBC reports about yet another Star Trek-like device being developed by British scientists, this time looking very similar to the medical tricorder. The system, which measures health signs without skin contact, "could one day be used to measure blood flow, monitor the heart and assess how well wounds and burns are healing."
- The Patrick Stewart Network is reporting that Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) will be featured soon on an installment of the cable show A&E Biography.
- Totally Kate has posted several photos of Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway), taken at the July 4th Parade in Stowe, Ohio.
- The German Star Trek Index is reporting that the German pay channel Premiere will start airing three Trek shows in October. Today, the channel started daily airings of TOS and TNG, while starting Sunday the 20th of October the Animated Series will begin weekly airings.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.