News BulletsBy Christian
September 2, 2000 - 4:17 PM
- The official Star Trek site has been updated with another of its immensively unbiased 'reviews', looking at the new 'Star Trek: S.C.E.' eBook series.
- Decipher, the publisher of the official Star Trek Customisable Card Game, has updated its web site with the rules for the special 'The Trouble With Tribbles' stand-alone 4-player card game.
- StarTrek.com has a Science Roundup article, looking at articles that have appeared over the past month dealing with Trek science. Topics include the 'planet Vulcan', nanotechnology, robot rights and antimatter.
- 'Men Cry Bullets', the independent feature film debut of Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com, prior to its release on the 12th of December. More information on the film can be found on this page at the Official Jeri Lynn Homepage.
- On Wednesday the 6th of September, the Home Theater Forum will be organising a live chat with Martin Blythe, Michael Arkin and Jeff Radoycis, all three representatives of Paramount Home Video. The chat starts at 8:00pm Eastern Time, but information on how to participate can already be found here. Thanks go out to Lysette van Erp for this!
- Paul Russell at the DVD Angle has put up an interview with Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher), talking mostly about his old film 'Stand By Me', which was recently released on a new special DVD edition. The interview mostly deals with 'Stand By Me' as well as some of his other work, but has fairly little on Trek. Thanks go out to Daniel Kikin for this!
- Reuters has a photo of William Shatner talking to Anthony Valdez, 19, at the Covenant House, a a shelter for homeless young people in Hollywood, August 31, 2000. Shatner will receive a Distinguished Achievement Award from the shelter next month. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for this!
- This Tuesday, Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) and the rest of the cast of the 'Becker' series appeared on 'Donny and Marie'. Thanks go out to BORG, who in fact sent this in on Monday, so the lateness in reporting this is entirely my fault.
- And in other really late news, the official Star Trek fan club has announced they'll be selling a special 24" limited edition litograph of Seven of Nine. The litho will be available in just 500 copies, some of them signed by Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine). Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for this!
- Japanese site the U.S.S. Kyushu has been updated with a list of release dates for Trek episodes and films on air, video, laser disc, DVD, CD-Rom and several novel versions. The site also has a full list of Japanese episode titles, including English translations.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.