Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
August 2, 2002 - 12:30 PM
- IGN PC'S Dan Adams has posted a preview of the upcoming 'Starfleet Command III.' "Everything is looking good with Starfleet Command III that we can see," he wrote. "Fans of the series should not be disappointed with this latest. With all of the new single player story based campaigns and multiplayer modes, there will surely be plenty of hours spent in the depths of space when the game releases to stores this November." The full article can be found here, while a range of screenshots is also available.
- Over at Gamespot, Sam Parker was also positive about the game, calling it an improvement on its predecessors, particularly in regards to the graphics.
The graphics engine for the tactical portion of the game has seen a major overhaul. The ships are many times more detailed than those in the previous games, and they look quite good even while zoomed in close. The game's scale is made much more dramatic with the addition of much larger ships, like the giant Borg cube, which literally dwarfs even the biggest conventional ships, so it really is possible to re-create scenes where many Federation ships struggle to take down a single cube.
Read the complete preview here.
- Eight new screenshots from 'Star Trek: Elite Force II' can be found at Ritualistic. These include the first look at the depicitons of the Enteprise-E bridge and the "Borgified" main engineering.
- Screenshots from 'Elite Force II' can also be found at HomeLan Fed.
- The Star Trek RPG Narrator's Screen is scheduled to be released this month, according to Decipher.com. The set includes tables and charts, forms, and character sheets needed for the role playing game.
- Information on the second edition of the Trek Customisable Card Game has been posted in the latest CCG Design Log. Affiliations include the Romulans, Federation, Klingons, Bajorans, Cardassians and Non-Aligned.
- An audio interview with Star Trek RPG designer Jess Heinig can be found here at Radio Free Decipher.
Thanks to Blue's News for some of these!