News BulletsBy Christian
August 2, 2001 - 6:36 PM
- AP has an article on Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) performing in the play 'Johnson over Jordon' in England, prior to returning to the US to film the tenth Trek film. "Despite the pleasure, interest and quality of life I was getting from television and film, it really was not making me happy," Stewart told AP. "I realised theater was where I simply had to be. It's a sense of age - I don't want to waste my time. I just want everything to be important and not to be trivial."
- According to a Reuters article, the Parents Television Council singled out UPN as the network providing the most offensive programming in the so-called "family hour." The watchdog group published a report on the decline of the 8:00pm to 9:00pm timeslot as one in parents can let their children watch TV without worrying about offensive content.
- British Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Endgame' on Monday, and Digital Spy reviewer Chris Norris already posted his analysis of the episode. "Though serving to conclude the main threads of the series, this episode is primarily a very enjoyable standalone adventure," he wrote. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- The official Star Trek site is reporting that Tim Russ (Tuvok) and his band will be perfoming this Saturday at the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel. Starting at 6:00pm, Russ will be signing photos and CDs as well as performing in Quark's Bar and Restaurant, inside the Star Trek Experience, which is located inside the Hilton.
- And the official site has also put up a promotional review of the first two 'Section 31' novels from Pocket Books.
- Totally Kate has posted eight photos of Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) from this weekend's 'Voyager: The Return' convention in Blackpool, England.
- Psi Phi's Star Trek Books Database is celebrating its 2nd birthday today. Over the past few days, it has been updated with the cover art for the upcoming 'Star Trek: Celebrations' book and with an excerpt of the DS9 novel 'Gateways #4: Demons of Air and Darkness.'
- First TV Drama has been updated with an immensely useful tool for slow news days - the Robert Beltran Gripe Generator, automatically creating new complaints about Voyager and its creative staff.
- An article by Ellen Gray at the Philadelphia Daily News contains a short quote by Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) on meeting fans at the Star Trek: Experience. "So we go to this restaurant and we're sitting there at 4:30, 5 in the morning... and this man comes running over to the table. 'Sorry to interrupt your meal. I just had to tell you that my wife is in the bathroom getting dressed as you right now.' So I thought, well, OK, great."
- The CyFy Pulse is reporting that Kim Cattrall (Valeris) will be appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman on Wednesday the 8th of August. Cattrall currently has a role on the popular HBO comedy series Sex and the City.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.