News BulletsBy Christian
July 2, 2000 - 9:07 PM
- Kirk Kicklighter, staff writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, has put up report on DragonCon 2000, the SF convention taking place all weekend long in Atlanta. The article focuses mostly on several profiles of Trek fans attending the convention.
- Meanwhile, if you were actually one of the 20,000 visitors, I'd love to receive a report to put up at the Trek Nation.
- E! Online is reporting that comic Walter Matthau died early Saturday morning of a heart attack, at the age of 79. Matthau was an Oscar-winning actor who appeared in films such as 'The Fortune Cookie', 'Grumpy Old Men' and 'Out To Sea', in which Brent Spiner (Data) also starred. Thanks go out to BORG for this!
- Decipher has created a new set of forums for users to post dreamcards and deck designs for their Star Trek Customisable Card Game. Click here to read more about it.
- The official site for the upcoming film 'Vertical Limit' has opened. One of the actors appearing in the film is Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir), who plays a Pakistani guide for a rescue team climbing K2, the second highest mountain in the world. The bandwidth-intensive site offers the film's trailer for download. Thanks go out to Sid City for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.