Site ColumnsBy Caillan
May 2, 2002 - 5:36 PM
Well, we seem to have skipped autumn here in Queensland and gone straight from summer to winter. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but two weeks ago I could comfortably walk around in shorts and a t-shirt and now I'm starting to shiver even with a jumper on.
It really shouldn't affect me too much - after all, I did live in England for six years - but I think I'm starting to go soft. Of course, winter means that people are starting to get sick, and once I get a cold, I never recover.
Matters aren't helped much by the fact that the Ancient History department tutorial room is alternatively a freezer and a furnace. When I arrive at 9:30, it's rather chilly, but halfway through the lesson, 15 bodies have warmed it up no end. Then someone leaves the door open, and it goes cold again. I'm sure that room has given me many a sickness - once I spent the entire Latin lesson blowing my nose after being cooped up there for two hours.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Who would you cast as Kirk's father?
- What did you think of the visuals in 'Scorpion.'
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on May 2, 2000:
- Jennifer Lien Interview
Voyager actress Jennifer Lien talked about her return to the series in the episode 'Fury.' "Bringing back the character in a unique way was what I wanted from the start," she said. "I didn't want Kes to be completely Kes. It's pretty cool how I make my entrance. I make a lot of noise!"
- Kate Mulgrew Con Report
At the Starfest 2000 convention in Denver, Colorado, Kate Mulgrew dropped some hints about the seventh season. These included the news that the ship would come back to Earth (which didn't happen until 'Endgame'), and that there would be no major romances for Janeway, although her character did fall in love while brainwashed in 'Workforce.'
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks you to rate 'Vox Sola.',
Today's Television Listings
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Aquiel' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, 'The Battle' at 9:00pm, 'Ménage à Troi' at 10:00pm, and 'Thine Own Self' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Omega Glory' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'Mirror, Mirror' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 10:00am, repeated at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Second Chances' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Muse' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Thirty Days' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Blink of an Eye' at 17:00 and 00:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!