News BulletsBy Christian
May 2, 2000 - 10:15 PM
- StarTrek.com has a short article up on 'Luminarias', a new film featuring Robert Beltran (Chakotay). The film, opening Friday in 'selected cities', deals with four Latina women who meet in an East Los Angeles eatery. The article contains info on a special charity screening to be held on Friday in Beltran's hometown of Bakersfield, CA.
- Patrick Stewart - The Actors' Actor is reporting that on April 25, Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) was principal speaker at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts graduation ceremony held at the Majestic Theatre. He was introduced there by Gerald Schoenfeld, chairman of the Schubert Organisation, the same company he recently blasted for its lack of promotion for his new Broadway play.
- Also according to a StarTrek.com article, the new film 'The Virgin Suicides', opening this Friday in the US, features Kirsten Dunst as Lux Lisbon. Dunst also appeared on TNG's 'Dark Page' as Kestra, Deanna Troi's deceased sister.
- The Nancy Hower News Source has put up a transcript of an TV Zone interview with Nancy Hower (Ensign Wildman), already a while old, in which Hower talks about her experiences working on 'Voyager'.
- Jason Goldberg sends along word that Garrett Wang (Harry Kim on ST:Voy) was featured on the game show 'Jeopardy!' yesterday, reading one of the "answers." His "answer" was in the "Collectibles" category: "This company's 1996 USS Voyager Christmas ornament has become a collectible." The question was "What is Hallmark?"
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.