News BulletsBy Christian
May 2, 2000 - 7:30 AM
- According to a report by Rick Krissel at Variety, UPN took in record ratings for last Thursday's edition of 'WWF Smackdown!' 8.70 million people watched, and the net scored its best Thursday ratings ever, as well as the best ratings for teens overall and male teens. In total viewers, this was UPN's largest audience since 'Scorpion, Parts One And Two' aired in September 1997. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koa for this!
- Won.net, the gaming service also allowing you to play multiplayer 'Star Trek: Armada' games, has just announced it was the #1 stickiest site on the Internet in the most recent week measured by PC Data, as visitors to the site on average spent over three hours there.
- Variety's Michael Speier has written a review of 'Gepetto', the Disney musical that will be airing on ABC this Sunday. In the review, Speier praises both Brent Spiner (Data) and René Auberjonois (Odo) for their performances in the film, as Stromboli and Professor Buonragazzo, respectively. Thanks go out to Welcome, Brent Spiner Fans! for this!
- David Henderson has updated his Captain Sulu Novel Progress Report Page with news that 568 letters have now been received by Pocket Books in favour of such a novel. A thousand letters need to have been sent before today.
- AnotherUniverse's Daily Buzz is reporting that Christopher Plummer, who appeared as General Chang in 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country' and the 'Klingon Academy' game, will star as Abraham Van Helsing, a London antiques dealer, in 'Wes Craven Presents: Dracula 2000'.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.