News BulletsBy Michelle
March 2, 2006 - 8:34 PM
- The TrekBBS have been upgraded with a new search system and simpler flood controls among other improvements.
- StarTrek.com has posted a list of Star Trek cast and crew birthdays for March.
- Empire Information Services reports that the HerStory: Women of Science series, narrated by Kate Mulgrew, has won a Gracie Allen Award for WAMC Northeast Public Radio for Best News Special.
- The Dallas 2006 All-Con, which integrates science fiction and theatre arts, will feature frequent Star Trek guest James Horan, notes PRWeb.
- Variety's awards column notes that Star Trek's Robert Blackman was honored last weekend at the eighth annual Costume Designers Guild Awards with the Spotlight in Television Award.
- Maisonneuve examines William Shatner (Kirk)'s life story in terms of how cool he has been at different stages.
- E Insiders has an obituary for makeup artist Richard Snell, who earned Oscar and Emmy nominations for work on Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Thanks to Alex.
- Writer and editor Keith R.A. DeCandido announced on the TrekBBS that S.C.E. #61: Progress by Terri Osborne is currently #13 on eReader.com's bestseller list, and S.C.E. #60: The Cleanup by Robert T. Jeschonek is #35.
- Psi Phi has cover art and an excerpt from David Mack's Deep Space Nine: Warpath and Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin's Enterprise: Last Full Measure.
- Decipher has new CCG articles on playtesting the games and the "To Boldly Go" contest results.
- Also at the official site, Grand Slam XIV news, including an expected guest list and information about tickets.
- Now available for preorder at Amazon.com: Scott Bakula (Archer)'s Quantum Leap - The Complete Fourth Season.
- TV Squad's "The Five" this week is on hybrids, including half-Vulcan, half-human Spock, the Six Million Dollar Man and The Simpsons' Octo-Parrot.
- And for a very unusual fundraiser, Mike Broadhead aka Virogen of TrekCore.com has agreed to wear a TrekCore.com thong and pose for pictures if the site can raise $400 for 2006 funding. The site also has a Triazzle contest.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.