News BulletsBy Michelle
March 2, 2004 - 12:58 AM
- ComingSoon.net reports that The Commitments, an award-winning film starring Colm Meaney (Miles O'Brien) among others, will be released this month on DVD.
- The film Spectres which stars Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) and Linda Park (Hoshi Sato) will make its North American debut on March 6th at the Cinequest 14 Film Festival in San Jose, California. Sirtis and Park will appear at the premiere, and the film will be screened again on March 7th. Thanks to Lee Whiteside.
- Totally Kate! has performance dates and times for The Royal Family starring Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway).
- Totally Kate also has reports and photos from Mulgrew's tea party benefit for the Alzheimer's Association here and here.
- Robert Picardo (The Doctor) discussed his DVD-watching habits with Film Stew.
- Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) will be on the Parkinson Chat show on BBC1 in the UK on Saturday March 6th. Thanks to Nigel.
- The Arizona Republic has an article on "The Serious Legacy of Star Trek."
- Beginning this Friday, March 5th, Decipher will be offering a free download of Perdition's Flames, a new Star Trek RPG. Thanks to TrekWeb.
- Wigglefish has posted a review of John Vornholt's novel Star Trek: A Time To Die.
- TrekZone.de reports that the pay TV channel Premiere is showing the original series and The Next Generation every Sunday, and that Voyager starts on Kabel 1 on Monday, April 19th.
- The Dallas-Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that the Klingon language will be the subject of a new documentary, Earthlings, to be shown at the Cannes Film Festival in May. The article also discusses Tolkien fans fluent in Elvish.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.