News BulletsBy Caillan
March 2, 2003 - 11:47 AM
- The New York Times has interviewed Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) about her role as Katharine Hepburn in Tea at Five. Thanks to 'casual viewer' for this!
- StarTrek.com has posted a feature article on John Billingsley's (Doctor Phlox) book club.
- Over at Wigglefish, Kilian Melloy has uploaded his review of Garth of Izar, awarding the book a score of 4 out of 5. "Sargent and Zebrowski mention in an afterword that this book grew out of a desire to bring the character Garth of Izar back for another round with Kirk, and they have done a splendid job of it," he wrote. Read the full analysis here. Thanks to Dieter for this!
- Colm Meany (Miles O'Brien) will be one of the presenters at the 2003 Meteor Ireland Music Awards on Monday, according to Ireland On-line.
- DVD Talk has reviewed the special DVD set of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, writing that the "fourth entry in the Trek series still offers light, enjoyable entertainment and fine performances from its cast."
- A review of the Deep Space Nine season one DVD set is up at the Akron Beacon Journal. "DS9 suffered a malady that afflicted all the newer Star Trek incarnations: During its first couple seasons, it was uneven at best, and it's not going out on a limb to say this show's inaugural season bordered on dreadful."
- Rick Norwood's latest Babylon 5.1 column looks at the disappointing reception for Star Trek Nemesis.
- The Lenawee Connection has a brief report on Chester Tripp, who was a stunt man in last week's Enterprise episode, "Canamar".
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.