News BulletsBy Caillan
December 1, 2002 - 4:38 PM
- The official UK Star Trek web site has opened a new section devoted to the release of Deep Space Nine on DVD next year. The site includes a teaser trailer for the sets. Thanks to 'Lucas' for this!
- In her latest column at About.com, Julia Houston discusses 'The Problem With Enterprise.' Here's an excerpt from the article:
Bottom line: the show is dull. It's hard to care about people who are wonderful in ways so out of proportion to their situation, and we know they're just going to be proven right in the end. It's kind of like watching do-gooder fairies flit around.
Read more from Houston at this page.
- Psi Phi's Star Trek Book Database has been updated with an excerpt from SCE #23: 'Wildfire, Book One'.
- Tim Lynch at Psi Phi has reviewed the recent Enterprise episode 'Singularity,' awarding it a score of 6.5 out of 10. "'Singularity' had a few individual scenes which stand out as solid--but fundamentally, it's one of those shows that could've been far more compelling and interesting than it was." Read more at this page.
- Kilian Melloy at Wigglefish has reviewed 'Mission Gamma, Book 2: This Gray Spirit,' awarding the book a score of 3.5 out of 5.
Although one sometimes wishes for Jarman to keep the story more tightly in focus, the book is never dull. For a debut novel, This Gray Spirit is unusually strong; the bio tells us that Jarman plans to return soon to the Trek universe, and that's welcome news.
Read more in the complete analysis.
- Ever wanted to see the Enterprise-D made out of lego? Check it out here. Thanks to Michael Lerner and Slashdot for this!
- Chris Howell of the Great Link has launched a new web site - Cult-TV Babes.