Site ColumnsBy Lisa
December 1, 2001 - 5:44 PM
I'm just enjoying whizzing around the internet using Opera. I downloaded the newest version of this dinky little browser, and its just so damn fast!
I tend to keep Opera on my computer as well as Internet Explorer, and switch over when IE crashes too much or is otherwise generally annoying me. Opera almost never crashes. At least for me. Besides, its Norwegian and that has to be cool.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Would you like to see a familiar character become Federation president?
-Should the Trek books be considered canon?
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Wednesday December 1, 1999:
- Rick Berman on Series V
The man at the head of the Star Trek franchise talked about the series he was in the process of developing.
We are talking about a show that would either begin to air a year from now, fall of 2000, or possibly January of 2001. I have been working with Brannon Braga on it and we have had a lot of discussions with Paramount about it. Nothing is carved in stone yet but we are very excited about the direction it is going in -- it is quite a different direction. At this point, we are waiting on a green light to go ahead and get working on the script, which we hope will happen shortly. There are still questions on where it is going to air, etc. that have to be decided upon.
Of course, today we're more familiar with this concept as Enterprise, which began to air in September.
More headlines from that day can be found in our December 1999 archive.
Today is the 22nd anniversary of the release of 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture', which opened in theaters throughout the United States on the 2nd of December, 1979. It would also be the 87th birthday of Ray Walston, Boothby on 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' and 'Star Trek: Voyager,' but the actor sadly passed away in January this year.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Trouble With Tribbles' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Q Who?' at 11:00am, DS9's 'Prodigal Daughter' at 12:00pm, and Voyager's 'Q2' at 1:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Rivals' at 14:00 GMT, DS9's 'The Alternate' at 15:00 and TNG's 'All Good Things' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'And The Children Shall Lead' at 19:30, TNG's 'The Most Toys' at 20:30, Voyager's 'Lifesigns' at 21:30 and DS9's 'Emissary' at 22:30. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Cold Front' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the DS9 episode 'Armageddon Game' at 14:00 GMT, followed by 'Whispers' at 15:00 and 'Paradise' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Voyager episode 'Der gute Hirte' at 16:00 ECT.